Want customers to find you at your new location’s address? Update your business address on Google Business Profile (originally named Google My Business) with our guide below.
- How to Change Your Business Address on Google
- What to Expect After Editing Your Google Business Profile Address
- Why You Should Update Your Business Address Online
How to Change Your Business Address on Google
- Sign into your Google Business Profile account
- Select the Google Apps grid icon on the top right
- Click the “Google Business” icon* to view your business on search results
- Choose the “Edit Profile” icon below “Your business on Google”
- Under the “Location” tab, click the pencil icon next to your listed address
- Enter your new business address, including the street address, city, state, and zip code
- Use the map to drop a more exact pin placement
- Click “Save”
What to Expect After Editing Your Google Business Profile Address
You may have to wait up to three days for your edits to show up in search results and on Google Maps. Thankfully, Google Maps will show pins for both your old and new address until the update is permanent.
Also, remember to change your address across common local business directories like Apple Maps, Bing, Yahoo, Yelp, Yext, and even your website. If you don’t update your business address across all online platforms, your information will be inconsistent across the web, potentially hurting your chances to appear in local search results.
Why You Should Update Your Business Address Online
Here are reasons why you should update your business address on Google Business Profile:
- Users searching within your service area will find you online
- When customers arrive at your location without issue, they have trust in your business before they enter
- Accurate pin drops send customers directly to your front door instead of the side or rear of your building
- A complete Google Business Profile displays professionalism and effort that may help users choose your brand over a competitor
- Google is more likely to show businesses with consistent, accurate information in search results and Map Packs
- You’ll have control of your published information, so Google won’t have to estimate your address or rely on user edits
How Long Does It Take for Google Maps to Update My Business’ Location?
It can take Google up to three days to publish your business’ updated address. But while you’re waiting, Google Maps shows pins for your old and new addresses until the update is permanent.
Will I Lose My Google Reviews If My Business Address Changes on Google Maps?
In most cases, your Google reviews will be transferred to your new business address in Google Maps. Businesses heavily tied to their location—like golf courses, scenic locales, and hotels—may be an exception to this rule. Contact the Google Business Profile Help Center if you have questions.
Does Changing My Google Business Address Hurt SEO?
Changing your Google business address should only harm your SEO efforts if you fail to update your name, address, and phone number (NAP) across all your online listings.
Need assistance while updating your Google business address? Local Search Fuel by Hurrdat is here to help your small business grow! Read our other Google Business Profile optimization tips or get started with us today.
After playing tennis and majoring in political science at Doane University, Grayson McCartney decided to put his education to use and became a USPTA Elite Tennis Professional in Mckinney, Texas, before changing directions and landing a Content Strategist role at Hurrdat. He has since progressed to his current role of Digital Strategist with a strong passion for tackling niche projects and helping small and local businesses connect with their audiences authentically. In his free time, Grayson enjoys trying and failing to learn the piano, playing golf, participating in weekly softball and volleyball leagues, “nerding out” about 60s & 70s music, and occasionally dusting off the old tennis rackets.