If you need to update your business phone number on Google Business Profile—once called Google My Business—follow this guide to edit your location’s phone number across Google Search and Maps.
- How to Change Your Phone Number on Google Business Profile
- What to Expect After Changing Your Business Phone Number on Google
- Why You Should Update Your Business Phone Number Online
How to Change Your Phone Number on Google Business Profile
- Choose the business you want to edit from your Google Business Profile
- Select the “Info” tab on the left navigation bar
- Click the pencil icon next to your listed phone number
- Type in your new business phone number
- Click “Apply” to save changes
What to Expect After Changing Your Business Phone Number on Google
As with all Google Business Profile updates, you can expect to wait up to three days before your changes are visible. Then, your new phone number should appear across Google Maps—including the Map Pack—and Search.
Don’t forget to update your phone number in all local business directories. This will help Google verify your changes and trust your business.
Why You Should You Update Your Business Phone Number Online
Along with optimizing for search engine results, here’s how correcting your phone number on Google can help your business:
- Customers can more easily contact you, which can help boost conversions
- A phone number signals more authority and professionalism to customers, even if they don’t call
- Google is known to rank businesses better if they have consistent and accurate records of their name, address, and phone number (NAP) across the internet
- You can track and analyze data on how many people are calling you from your Google listings by checking the “Insights” tab within your Google Business Profile Manager
Why Is Google Not Updating My Business Phone Number After I Submit a Change?
Google might not be updating your new business phone number for several reasons. Try these potential solutions:
- Make sure you have verified your Google Business Profile
- Check that the phone number you added follows Google’s business guidelines
- Contact the Google Business Profile Help Center
How Do I Hide a Phone Number on My Google Business Profile?
You can hide a phone number from your Google Business Profile (GBP) in seven easy steps:
- Log in to your Google Business Profile account
- Search your business on Google.
- Click “View Profile” on the business you’d like to update if you have multiple locations
- Select the three dots beneath “Your Business on Google”
- Choose “Business Profile Settings” from the drop-down menu
- Select “Advanced Settings”
- Toggle on the “Don’t Show” switch under “Phone Number”
Can I Have Multiple Phone Numbers on Google Business Profile?
Yes, you can add up to three business phone numbers (landline and mobile) on your Google Business Profile. Only your primary phone number will be displayed to customers in Google Maps and Search, though.